"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." - M.Twain

March 19, 2008

E is a good eater, but I'm a bad cook. I'm very tired of feeding him the same things, and I'm pretty sure he's tired of eating them. Suggestions for new meals welcome.

Here are the restrictions:
-- I must be able to cook it entirely within about 20 minutes.
-- Must be "finger food" or easily stabbed with a fork without making a big mess (so no soup)
-- No sushi suggestions, please

Otherwise, I'm open.

2 comments:

Jenne said...

dayboard food. :)

p.s. watch out for sticking with finger food-- Miss B. still flatly refused to try soup. This is a thorn in my side.

Jenn S. said...

Interestingly enough I sometimes struggle with the same sorts of constraints because S. wants something he can eat while working in the shop.

Chicken nuggets are a standard fall-back, although I came across these organic "pockets" in the freezer section of the Natural Food department at Hannaford last night which are not only tasty but I don't feel guilty eating them. Respectable amounts of protein and fiber and vitamins, and a whole grain crust. I think the brand name was Utopia.

Other ideas: grilled cheese, grilled ham and cheese, or grilled tunafish sandwiches. You can cut them into sticks, even.